Spread The Vote Texas
In the state of Texas, you have to have a government issued photo ID to vote. You can vote with one of these IDs:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
* See here for info about the Reasonable Impediment Exception.
Don't have one of these IDs? Don't worry, we can help. Fill out a short form HERE, text us at 323.694.0738, or email us at email@example.com and we can help you go through all of the steps and pay all of the fees to get your ID!
REGISTER TO VOTE
Need to register to vote, find your polling place, and more? Visit RockTheVote.com!
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
Spread The Vote is launching chapters across Texas starting in March! Want to volunteer in your community? Email one of these chapters (stay tuned, the list is growing!) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more! Email email@example.com to find out more or launch a chapter in your area!
Fort Worth- firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio- email@example.com