State Chapter

West Virginia


Spread the Vote is getting IDs and building chapters all across West Virginia. Need an ID? We can help! Fill out this short form.

Want to volunteer? We need you! Email the or chapter nearest you below.


Marissa Goldfaden




Northern Panhandle Regional Chapter: Hancock, Brook, Ohio & Marshall Counties

Central Regional Chapter: Putnam, Kanawha, Clay, Boone, Logan and Mingo Counties


State Voter Laws 

In the state of West Virginia, you have to have a government issued photo ID to vote. You can vote with one of these IDs:

  • West Virginia driver’s license or ID card

  • Driver’s license issued by another state

  • U.S. Passport

  • Photo employee identification card issued by the U.S. Government or State of West Virginia

  • Student identification card issued by an institution of higher education in WV or high school in WV

  • Military identification card with photo issued by the United States

  • Concealed carry permit with a photograph

  • Medicare or Social Security card

  • Birth certificate

  • Voter registration card issued by a county clerk in the State of West Virginia

  • Hunting or fishing license issued by the State of West Virginia

  • Identification card issued by the West Virginia Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

  • Identification card issued by the West Virginia Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program

  • West Virginia Medicaid card

  • Bank or debit card

  • Utility bill issued within six months of the date of the election

  • Bank statement issued within six months of the date of the election

  • Health insurance card.  

Don't have one of these IDs? Don't worry, we can help. Fill out a short form HERE, text us at (323) 694-0738, or email us at and we can help you go through all of the steps and pay all of the fees to get your ID!


Follow us!

We love to connect on social media! Chat with us at @spreadthevoteWV and!