State Chapter



Spread the Vote is getting IDs and building chapters all across Wisconsin. Need an ID? We can help! Fill out this short form.

Want to volunteer? We need you! Email Gina Miles at


Marissa Goldfaden


Wisconsin Voter ID Requirements

The following photo IDs are acceptable for voting purposes, and can be unexpired or expired after the date of the most recent general election (currently, the November 6, 2018 election):

  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended

  • A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card

  • A Military ID card issued by the U.S. Uniformed Services (including retired and dependent uniformed service IDs)

  • A U.S. passport book or card

Any ID that is not on the above list cannot be used.  Here are some examples of photo IDs that are NOT acceptable for voting purposes:

  • A State or Federal government employee ID

  • An out-of-state driver license or identification card

  • An employment ID

  • A membership or organization ID

  • A Certificate of Citizenship

The following photo IDs are also acceptable for voting purposes:

  • A certificate of naturalization (that was issued no earlier than two years before the date of the election)

  • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin (can be expired or unexpired)

  • A driver license receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days from date issued)

  • An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days from date issued)

  • A Wisconsin DMV ID Petition Process Photo Receipt (valid for 180 days from date issued)

  • A Veteran Affairs ID card (must be unexpired or have no expiration date)

  • A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college, or technical college that contains the following:

    • Date the card was issued

    • Signature of student

    • Expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance (card may be expired)

    • The university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment, such as a tuition fee receipt, enrollment verification letter, or class schedule. Enrollment verification document can be shown electronically.

Don't have one of these IDs? Don't worry, we can help. Fill out a short form HERE, text us at (305) 482-1941, or email us at and we can help you go through all of the steps and pay all of the fees to get your ID!


spread the vote is thrilled to partner with expo: ex-incarcerated people organizing


Follow us!

We love to connect on social media! Chat with us at @spreadthevoteFL and!